Lecture on Computer Architecture Winter Semester 2021 / 2022
- Mode: Zoom streamed online-course with recordings
- Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-12am
- Credits: 6 ECTS (3+1 hours)
- Dependencies: basic introduction to digital design
- Responsible: Prof. Dr. Armin Biere
- Support: Dr. Mathias Fleury
- Exercises: voluntary exercises, every second week on Thursday
The course is intended as an introduction into basic methods, techniques and questions related to computer architecture and design. The following aspects are of particular concern: assembly languages, arithmetic, data path and control, pipelining, hazards, memory hierarchy, interfacing, parallel computing.
Further details, current news and materials for the lecture will be made available on the ILIAS platform.